Veneers – Cottonwood Heights, UT
Correct Several Imperfections Simultaneously
From small issues, like minor cracks, to more prominent issues, like permanent discoloration, dental flaws can take a serious toll on your self-confidence. The good news is that transforming your smile doesn’t need to be an arduous process. With veneers in Cottonwood Heights, our talented cosmetic dentist can correct several imperfections simultaneously. Want to learn more? Get in touch with our team or read on!
Why Choose White Peak Dental for Veneers?
- Highly Trained and Meticulous Dentist
- Friendly Dental Team That Puts Your Needs First
- Personalized Treatments for Results That Look Natural
What Are Dental Veneers?
When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, veneers are one of the most popular treatments. These thin shells of high-quality materials, like porcelain, are designed to adhere to the front-facing surface of your teeth. As a result, they are one of the few smile-enhancing solutions that simultaneously conceals common dental imperfections, like chips, stains, and misshaped teeth, and lasts for 10+ years with proper care.
The Process of Getting Veneers
The good news is that the entire veneers process can be completed in just two or three visits – no 12+ month treatment timelines needed! The first step is your consultation, which is when our cosmetic dentist in Cottonwood Heights will take a look at your teeth, learn about what you’d like to change about your smile, and determine your candidacy. After this, we will prep your teeth by removing a sliver of enamel (this step is crucial in ensuring your veneers lay flush with your other teeth). Once we’ve taken impressions of your teeth and sent them to the lab, we’ll provide you with a temporary set of veneers, if needed. Once your final veneers are ready, we will meticulously adhere them to your teeth, revealing your beautiful new smile in the process!
The Benefits of Veneers
Veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic dental treatments for several reasons:
- The entire process can be completed in just a few visits
- You can conceal multiple dental flaws simultaneously
- Customized, natural-looking results
- Results can last for 10+ years with proper care
- Materials, like porcelain, are stain-resistant
If you’re unhappy with your smile, whether it’s due to a small chip or permanent discoloration, veneers may just be the smile-enhancing solution you’ve been looking for. To find out if they are the best fit for you, get in touch with our team to schedule an appointment today. That way, you’re another step closer to your dream smile tomorrow!
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Before deciding whether or not veneers are right for you, you’ll likely want to know the price. However, it won’t take you long to realize that determining the exact cost without a consultation is nearly impossible. That’s because there isn’t a flat fee! Don’t worry though – there are a few important factors to consider that will help you determine if veneers in Cottonwood Heights are the right choice for your smile and your wallet.
Cost VS Cosmetic Dentistry: What's Right For Me?
When researching the cost of veneers in Cottonwood Heights, it’s important to compare it to the price of other smile-enhancing treatments. For example:
- Braces – If misaligned teeth are the source of your worries, then braces are an option as well. The one downside cost-wise is that the shape and shade of your teeth will remain unchanged, meaning you’ll have to allocate funds to additional treatments if you want to fix chips, stains, and other imperfections.
- Teeth Whitening – From slight discoloration to more pigmented stains, yellow teeth can take a serious toll on your confidence. While professional teeth whitening treatments are certainly effective and quick, they can’t correct permanent stains, misaligned teeth, or chips. Only veneers can conceal all of these imperfections and more.
- Direct Bonding – Direct bonding is similar to veneers since it can address misshapen, stained, and gapped teeth. The only drawback is that the results don’t last anywhere near as long, requiring touch-ups every few years. Naturally, the cost of these visits add up, making them not as cost-effective as they initially seem.
- Veneers – Veneers may have a higher upfront investment, but they are well worth it. In addition to correcting a wide range of dental flaws at once, the high-quality materials are designed to last for over a decade with proper care. Plus, materials like porcelain are stain-resistant and cavity-resilient!
How to Make Veneers Affordable
It’s true: veneers aren’t typically covered by dental insurance. The good news is that our team offers another way to save on your care: an in-house membership plan. By joining, you get access to essential preventive treatments, plus much more. Even better, you won’t have to worry about annoying things that come with dental insurance, like yearly maximums and claims forms. If you want to learn more about how our membership plan can help make your smile-transformation more affordable, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
If you’re looking for a way to finally get rid of those flaws in your smile that were bothering you, you’ll be happy to know that veneers in Cottonwood Heights are a great way to fix all of them at once. Still, we understand that you may have some questions about the treatment that need to be answered first. To make the research process easier for you, we’ve included the answers to some of the veneers-related questions that our team members get asked the most often. Of course, Dr. Hansen will gladly answer any additional questions during your consultation!
How Many Veneers Will I Need?
With veneers, the goal is to create a flawless smile where every tooth matches. Everyone’s smile is different, so the number of veneers needed to achieve this goal varies. Most patients choose to receive an even number of veneers, such as six, eight, or ten, to ensure their smiles are symmetrical. However, it’s also not uncommon to get as few as four or two veneers. You might even be interested in only receiving a single veneer if you have just one imperfect tooth that stands out compared to the rest of your grin. To find out the specific number of veneers you’ll need, you’ll have to talk to your cosmetic dentist in Cottonwood Heights about what you’d like to accomplish with your smile.
Are Veneers Permanent?
Although veneers are durable enough to easily last for more than a decade, they will most likely need to be replaced at some point. Technically, this means that veneers aren’t permanent. With that being said, Dr. Hansen will need to remove a tiny amount of enamel from the teeth before he can place veneers, and enamel cannot grow back. Treatment with veneers is therefore considered irreversible. After those teeth have been adjusted for veneers, they’ll always need veneers or crowns for protection from that point on.
Do Veneers Give You a Lisp?
Some patients experience a slight lisp for a brief period of time after they first receive veneers. This lisp occurs because the tongue isn’t used to the tiny difference in the thickness of your veneers compared to your natural teeth. The tongue then gets “confused,” resulting in a lisp, which primarily happens when attempting to pronounce the “s” and “v” sounds. After a few weeks at most, your tongue should fully adjust, but if you’d like to speed up this process, you can practice saying the words that give you the most trouble.
Can You Whiten Veneers?
Unlike tooth enamel, dental porcelain is non-porous, meaning that it doesn’t absorb darkly pigmented particles from food, drink, and tobacco in the same way that the teeth do. This means that veneers are incredibly resistant to stains, but it also means that whitening products will have no effect. Essentially, you shouldn’t have to worry about whitening your veneers because they should remain the same bright shade for most of their lifespan.
Preventive Dentistry Family Dentistry Cosmetic Dentistry View Our Services